Please register for
PELOAcademy | Glaucoma - One Step Ahead with In-vitro Models
presented by Tommaso Sbrana, CEO IVtech, Italy
In this webinar you will learn about:
- 3D dynamic models to simulate glaucoma disease: advantages
- Evaluation of new treatments, using an advanced in-vitro model
- The crucial role of a multiorgan approach in the mimicking of a disease
Glaucoma is a neurodegenerative disease characterized by optic nerve damage and the slow progressive death of retinal ganglion cells (RGCs). At the
early stage, this pathology is almost asymptomatic but, over time, it affects the peripheral and then the central vision, leading to progressive and irreversible blindness. This disease can be classified as:
- Primary glaucoma, which occurs without a specific cause
- Secondary glaucoma, which is caused by other medical conditions (i.e., diabetes or vessel hypertension)
The most common form is primary-open angle glaucoma (POAG), with over 52.68 mln cases estimated in 2020 in adults (40-80 years old).
There are several risk factors that lead to this condition, such as age, gender, family anamnesis and ethnicity.
Please share this info with your friends & co-workers. Thank you.
#microfluidics #3Dcellculture #In-VitroModels #multipleorgantesting #glaucomaresearch #gruenerstar